I’m finally giving in and trying the soda cupcakes that are all over Pinterest. There’s so much appeal to them. Who wouldn’t want to be able to make cupcakes with 2 ingredients?! It’s economical, quick, and flexible (from what I’ve read). You can subtly change the flavor of your cupcakes just by changing the flavor of your soda.
I kind of made my own directions as I went along. I’ll probably use the directions I found next time I make them. I used cool soda instead of room temperature, and I didn’t use a whisk to get out all of those irritating lumps. Even with those hiccups, the cupcakes turned out moist and springy. This is a recipe worth keeping and definitely one to experiment with.
Soda Can Cupcakes
Found at Cookies and Cups
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor
- 1 can room temperature soda, any flavor
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl combine your soda and cake mix, stirring with a whisk until most of the lumps are gone.
- Fill each liner 1/2-2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cupcakes are springy and toothpicks comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.